The following terms and conditions apply to all relationships between you, the client and ourselves, Owl Media Marketing Ltd. By commissioning us to work on a projects, you are agreeing to these terms in connection with our design and associated services
Charging For Our Work
All projects will be given a written quote of the cost in advance of the project commencing. The quote will be an estimate based on how long we expect the project to take, in terms of hours or days. Please note that this is an estimate and may change due to technical and development issues outside of our control. It will also include the expected cost of bought-in and/or subcontracted goods and services
Unless we have a greed a fixed fee in advance, our work will be charged out on an hourly/daily basis
The final cost of a project will sometimes vary from the original quote supplied for a variety of reasons including:
– Changes made by the client to the project that we deem to be significantly different from the original brief.
– The client delaying, defaulting, or otherwise significantly disrupting the project and its agreed timescales.
– Unexpected increases in our overheads or expenses.
– Circumstances occurring that are not reasonably within our control.
– We will advise you in writing if this occurs before charging further costs.
In connection with your projects, we will charge you for any materials and services we buy in from outside suppliers. For most bough-in goods or services, we will charge you at cost plus a minimum 20% handling fee. The same percentage will be applied to incidental costs such as taxis and deliveries.
About Our Invoices
You must pay our invoices in full within 7 days of the invoice date. We may charge interest on any arrears not paid after 7 days, at the rate of 2% of the outstanding balance each month until we have payment in full
Any GST on our fees and other charges that are payable to us or a to a third party, will be on our invoices
Legal Rights In The Project Work
All copyright and other intellectual property rights in connection with our work on client’s projects, belong to us alone.
Once a project is complete and our invoices for it have been paid in full, you have the right, known as a licence, to use our completed work, for the purposes intended.
We have the right, by writing to you, to cancel any commitments we have made,
– If you break any of your obligations under this agreement,
– If you substantially change or call a halt to a project while it is still in progress
If you do break your obligations or if we cancel our commitments, you will immediately be responsible for paying any fees and expenses resulting from us carrying out your instructions up to the date of cancellation.
If you cancel a project, or place it on hold indefinitely, at any stage, we may invoice you in full;
– for all the work we have done up to that point, at our usual hourly rate,
– for any costs we face for outside supplies already ordered or contractors already used for the project
If you call a halt to a project before it is finished and/or paid for in full, you have no copyright licence or similar rights in the work that we have done so far. Nor can you make use of our work or exploit it in any way.
Our Right To Sub-Contract
We are entitled to sub-contract any of the work to be carried out on your project